“Carlos Moya is a winner of the Roland Garros, former world #1, an ambassador, symbol and a friend of the Umag ATP tournament”
As the host of the large ATP tournament with 66 tennis courts, Umag is Croatia’s leading tennis destination.
Due to its excellent infrastructure Umag has been attracting thousands of tennis amateurs, trainers and operatives, as well as professional players of the highest rank, and has hosted many tournaments.
It ensures optimum training conditions and offers tennis academies and camps.
Thanks to mild and mediterranean climate, with an average annual temperature of 18 degrees centigrade, tennis can be played the best part of the year.
The distance between the hotels and tennis facilities is roughly 100-300 m, or approximately 2-5 minutes on foot.
It offers easy car access from Slovenia, Northern Italy, Austria, Switzerland and South Germany, but also from other European countries.
It is possible to arrive by plane from airports Zagreb, Venice, Ljubljana, Trieste and Pula.
“By constantly investing in tennis infrastructure and services, Umag has become a world-wide known venue where many famous tennis players, such as Novak Djokovic, gladly return”
Umag has 66 tennis courts, 57 of which are outdoor clay courts, 5 hard courts and 4 indoor clay courts.
They are excellently located – by the sea and close to the hotels, villas and apartments. They are surrounded by pine forest and are harmoniously included in the environment.
ATP STADIUM STELLA MARIS, UMAG
Approximately 100 – 300 m from the accommodation facilities, and 10 m from the sea.
- ATP Stella Maris stadium, 3500 seats, outdoor, clay
- 13 show courts, outdoor, clay
- 1 show court, outdoor, hard court
- Locker rooms for players and coaches with showers and sanitary facilities
- Area for physical training
- Tennis shop & stringing of tennis racquets
- Café bar
UMAG TENNIS ACADEMY
Approximately 200 m from the accommodation facilities, and 50 m from the sea.
- 21 tennis courts, outdoor, clay
- 4 tennis courts, indoor, clay
- 1 tennis court, outdoor, hard court
- Tennis Centre House:
- Reception & information desk
- Locker rooms and saunas
- Massage rooms
- Rooms for diagnostics
- Tennis store
- Restaurant & bar
- Academy House:
- TV & projector (Lecture room)
- Playstation console
- Table tennis equipment etc.
OTHER TENNIS FACILITIES
- Tennis centre PUNTA: 8 clay courts, 3 hard courts
- Park UMAG: 6 clay courts
- Tennis centre POLYNESIA: 5 clay courts
- SAVUDRIA resort: 4 clay courts
- MELIA Istrian Villas: 3 clay courts
- KANEGRA resort: 2 clay courts
SERVICES FOR TENNIS PLAYERS
“By investing in knowledge, human resources and information database we are improving our tennis offer on a daily bases and creating increasingly comprehensive service packages for tennis players”
Umag tennis centres offer the possibility to use high quality tennis courts, equipment, tennis academy facility and various other additional services necessary for quality training and playing.
Friendly staff will be there to assist you.
- Over 60 high quality tennis courts
- Coaches with great knowledge and experience
- Tennis programmes for all age groups and categories
- Possibility of practicing on the central ATP stadium
- Service team assistance 24/7
- Storage space for tennis equipment
- Sport massages and therapies
- Conference room
- Information material on the tennis offer
- Weather info (daily weather forecast)
- Quality accommodation
- Nutrition adapted to athletes
- Wellness and fitness centres
- Organizational experience
- Leisure and other activities
- Various tennis tournaments
- Organizing sparring matches
- Racquet stringing service
ADDITIONAL FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Jogging paths
- Great restaurants offering Mediterranean cuisine
- Gastro, entertainment, cultural and other great tours in our offer
- Water entertainment facilities and much more
“ATP 250 Croatia Open in Umag, has become one of the most important sports and social events in Croatia and has won a prominent place on the global tennis map”
In the world of tennis, Umag is definitely not a new name. We have respectful amount of experience in the organization of tennis tournaments and camps for all ages.
Tournaments and camps are held in an attractive ambience what is a true pleasure for players, spectators and the profession.
Besides the famous ATP tournament Umag also hosts important ITF (International Tennis Federation) and TEJT (Tennis Europe Junior Tour) tournaments and other competitions, thanks to which the town and the surroundings have become an indispensable part of nurturing world-class athletes.
Approximately twenty years of tournament have been marked by many unforgettable moments, and one of the most memorable ones is definitely the finals of the first tournament which saw a face-off of two Croatian legends, Goran Prpic who has beat Goran Ivanisevic – the rising 18 year old star.
Many famous names of tennis have made their mark on Umag courts, such as: Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Ivan Ljubicic, Marin Cilic, Gustavo Kuerten, Carlos Moya, Thomas Muster, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Marcelo Rios, David Ferrer and many others.
Due to the multitude of contents organizationally speaking the ATP 250 Croatia Open is a very complex event with more than 400 people working on organizing and preparing it for several months.
ATP 250 Croatia Open offers not only world-class tennis to visitors, but also impressive entertainment and music programme and a presentation of enological and gastronomic offer of Istria at the Istria Gourmet festival, at which the best restaurants, chefs and wines are presented.
Every year the tournament and the supporting events attract over 80 000 people to Umag, and the town becomes a summer centre of tennis, beauty and entertainment.
OTHER IMPORTANT TENNIS TOURNAMENTS IN UMAG
- ITF (International Tennis Federation) juniors tournamentInfo: grade 1, juniors, age group: Boy’s & Girl’s – 18 & underDate: 08. – 13.03.2016.Perin Memorial, Umag is the 12th of 27 tournaments this rank in the worldApproximately 260 players from all over the world participate in the tournament
- ITF Young Seniors World Team ChampionshipsInfo: grade 1, veterans, age groups: Men’s & Women’s 35 – 45Date: 01. – 06.05.2016.Approximately 450 players from all over the world participate in the tournament
- ITF Young Seniors World Individual ChampionshipsInfo: grade 1, veterans, age groups: Men’s & Women’s 35 – 45Date: 07. – 14.05.2016.Approximately 450 players from all over the world participate in the tournament
- ITF International Championships of CroatiaInfo: grade 2, veterans, age groups: Men’s & Women’s 35 – 85Date: 23. – 29.05.2016.
“In the cooperation with top tennis experts and team qualified for physical preparation, diet and entertainment, we organize tennis camps according to age and skills of participants”
UMAG PRO TENNIS CAMP (11. – 25.09.2016.) – COMING SOON!
Tennis players stay in:
- Sol Garden Istra Hotel ****
- Sol Umag Hotel ****
- Sipar Hotel ***
- Sol Stella Apartments ****
- Apartments Polynesia ***
All facilities fully meet the criteria for the tennis preparation cycle with their 3 and 4 – star service.
They offer nutrition for athletes, saunas, indoor pools, fitness rooms, qualified stuff and a number of sport facilities in the vicinity of the hotel.
Leisure time contents make them even more attractive, as well as vicinity to the town, natural and cultural sights, jogging paths, fresh air, and a number of other possibilities and features.