Rovinj is a city in Croatia situated on the north Adriatic Sea, located on the western coast of the Istrian peninsula, it is a popular tourist resort. The town is officially bilingual, Italian and Croatian, hence both town names are official and equal. Rovinj is one of the most attractive and most beautiful towns on the Mediterranean.
Rovinj is the most luxurious destination for a sport training camp in Istria.
The Croatian National Football Team is undoubtedly the most famous Croatian global brand that has been at the very top of world football with its remarkable results over the last ten years. A pleasant climate and a wide array of sports facilities make Rovinj an ideal host venue for competitions, tournaments, sports schools and training camps for professional athletes all year round.
- Climate: Mediterranean (long hot summers, short, mild winters)
- Temperature: summer average 28-30°C, winter average 10-20°C
- Elevation: 12 metres above sea level
Rovinj is an ideal partner for sports and sports activities, because rich sports infrastructure, natural resources, mediterranean climate and fresh air are greatest asset of Rovinj.
Here you will find everything you need, whether you are a professional athlete or sports enthusiast, we are a destination for all ages and for every taste.
We can organize:
Training Camps, Sponsored Tournaments, Team buildings
Rovinj has a total of six football pitches with accompanying equipment, two of which are marked with the special international “FIFA Recommended” brand. Sport center Valbruna with four pitches is located 700m from hotels (10 minutes walking, or 3 minutes with bus/car), two pitches are located in Rovinjsko selo, which is 7 km from hotels (15 minutes with bus/car).
Sports centre consists of 2 excellent quality natural grass pitches and one with latest generation artificial grass. There is also one small field with artificial grass. All of the fields have floodlights and can serve for evening training events. Sports centre is frequently used by the Croatian national team and also an every year destination for one of the most famous Croatian club NK Dinamo Zagreb.
One of the pitches equipped with stands with a capacity of 1,300 viewers is available for playing friendly or competitive games in front of the audience. All playgrounds are regularly maintained and each has a drainage system.
Location benefits as a football destination:
- Health and fitness facilities
- Trim trail next to the hotel
- Laundry service for sports kit
- Hotel accommodation tailored to meet the needs of top athletes
- Organisation of leisure activities
- Targeted services for football teams
- Natural surroundings, necessary peace and much more…
Rovinj is a destination where amateurs from around the world meet and take part in organised tennis schools and famous tennis camps. They choose Rovinj as attractive location offering optimal infrastructure and outstanding accommodation for enjoying active holidays all year round.
Location benefits as a tennis destination:
- 60 tennis courts
- a favourable geographic position
- a mild Mediterranean climate
- a top quality gourmet offer
- a healthy cuisine adapted to athletes
- an attractive leisure and entertainment offer
SPORTS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
If you desire to try something new or you are already an experienced adventurer, you will not be disappointed.
We offer the perfect combination of nature, entertainment and sports activities:
- Rock climbing
- Walking & Hiking
- Beach Volleyball
The climate in Rovinj is very comfortable, Mediterranean, with hot and dry summers and mild and pleasant winters. Rovinj has an average of over 130 sunny days per year, which makes it the sunniest spot on the Istrian peninsula.
Even though Rovinj is predominantly known as a summer destination, the climate is pleasant almost all year long, especially from beginning of May to end of October. Outside the high-season period, the average temperature is around 20 °C, still with an acceptable number of rainy days. Even during the coldest winter months, the average monthly temperature floats around 8 °C.
General weather information:
- Annual average air temperature: 14.3 °C
- Average summer air temperature: 26.8 °C
- Average winter air temperature: 7.7 °C
- Annual average hours of sunshine: 2420 (201,6 hours/per month)
- Summer average hours of sunshine: 900
- The warmest month of the year: July
- The coldest month of the year: January
HOW TO REACH US?
Rovinj is located on the western coast of the Istrian peninsula, which is the most western county of Croatia that borders with Italy and Slovenia. Rovinj is well-connected with the rest of Istria and with larger cities in the region such as Trieste, Rijeka, Ljubljana and Zagreb.
By car or by bus
Cities nearby: Koper (80 km), Trieste (90 km), Ljubljana (180 km), Zagreb (250 km)
From the direction of Ljubljana: Ljubljana → Koper → Kaštel or Plovanija border crossing → Buje → Rovinj
From the direction of Villach: Villach → Udine → Trieste → Koper → Kaštel or Plovanija border crossing → Buje → Rovinj
From the direction of Zagreb: Zagreb → Rijeka → Učka Tunnel → Rovinj
- Pula (CRO) airport-pula.hr
- Rijeka (CRO) rijeka-airport.hr
- Zagreb (CRO) zagreb-airport.hr
- Ljubljana (SLO) fraport-slovenija.si
- Trieste (ITA) triesteairport.it
- Venice (ITA) veneziaairport.it
Croatian Railways Passenger Transport
tel: +385 (1) 3782 583