Poreč is a town and municipality on the western coast of the Istrian peninsula, in Istria County, Croatia. Its major landmark is the 6th-century Euphrasian Basilica, which was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A town of culture, tourism, sport and entertainment, it has been recognised and awarded for the beauty of its public spaces and its cleanliness many times over.
Poreč is without a doubt a top tourist destination for summer vacations in Istria and is quickly gaining popularity as a winter sport training destination as well. Poreč has numerous hotels that are known to please even the most demanding guests.
- Climate: Mediterranean (long hot summers, short, mild winters)
- Temperature: summer average 28-30°C, winter average 10-20°C
- Elevation: 5 metres above sea level
SPORTS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
- Golf, beach volleyball, bocce, bowling, badminton, soccer, basketball…
- Routes for jogging, trekking, cycling, horseback riding, walking and Nordic walking trails that stretch along the coast or lead toward the interior and much more…
On the well-attended beaches there are sports points with all the necessary requisites:
- boats, kayaks, windsurfing boards, water scooters, canoes, sailing boats, skis, speedboats, paragliding and parasailing equipment
- Istralandia Aquapark
Mild and comfortable winters are truly short in comparison to the hot and dry summers with an average of 2400 hours of sunshine per year.
Mediterranean climate with many hours of sunshine and an annual average temperature of 18 ° C makes possible doing sports in the open for the most of the time every year – the summer is long, and spring and autumn are ideal for sports and sports activities.
The sea is clean and suitable for swimming from May to October.
General weather information:
- Annual average air temperature: 14,3°C
- Average summer air temperature: 26,4°C
- Average winter air temperature: 6,5°C
- Annual average hours of sunshine:
- Summer average hours of sunshine:
- The warmest month of the year: July
- The coldest month of the year: January
- Month with the most hours of sunshine:
- Month with at least hours of sunshine:
HOW TO REACH US?
Poreč is situated on the Croatian Adriatic, in the north western part of Istrian peninsula. It is located near the Slovenian border and very close to Italy.
BY CAR / BUS
Arriving by car and by bus is easy from everywhere in Slovenia, northern Italy, Austria, Switzerland and southern Germany, as well as from other European countries, thanks to modern network of motorways.
Cities nearby: Trieste (57 km), Ljubljana (131 km), Venice (211 km), Klagenfurt (220 km), Villach (234 km), Padova (245 km), Zagreb (259 km)
Cities at reasonable distance: Graz (340 km), Vienna (514 km), Munich (532 km), Bratislava (579 km), Budapest (593 km) and many others.
- Zagreb (CRO), zagreb-airport.hr
- Rijeka (CRO) , rijeka-airport.hr
- Ljubljana (SLO), lju-airport.si
- Pula (CRO), airport-pula.hr
- Trieste (I), aeroporto.fvg.it
- Venice (I), www.veniceairport.it
Croatian Railways (Hrvatske željeznice)
Tel: +385 (0)60 333 444