Novigrad (also known as Cittanova in Italian) is one of the most northern towns on the Croatian coast, located right at the top of the Istrian peninsula. Novigrad has plenty of charm, excellent accommodation options and a number of fascinating sights as well. The town is also an excellent location if you fancy sampling some of Istria’s famous gastronomic choices.
Novigrad has become one of the top sport centres for athletes and amateurs wanting to develop their health, fitness and overall wellbeing. The pre and post-season are best times to make the most of your activities. The climate is perfect; the sun is not so strong like in the peak of summer and the air is refreshing, just right to make your activity better.
Geography: Pine trees, beautiful beaches, clean sea
- Climate: Mediterranean (long hot summers, short, mild winters)
- Temperature: summer average 28-30°C, winter average 10-20°C
- Elevation: 20 metres above sea level
We can organize:
Training Camps, Sponsored Tournaments, Team buildings
Football training is becoming increasingly popular, with more than 100 groups a year arriving in Novigrad, taking advantage of the two full-size pitches and one artificial pitch (500m from the hotel), as well as the availability of three pitches from local clubs if required. Teams from all over Europe descend on Novigrad to combine their training with relaxing Istrian hospitality, and they have included the Manchester City academy, Northampton Town, Wolfsberger FC and Bologna, as well as a host of Croatian clubs, including the national futsal team.
Location benefits as a football destination:
- Peaceful location
- Gym and sports hall
- Dietary food and wellness treatments for athletes
- Mild climate that allows you to train outdoors all year round
- Targeted services for football teams
- Hotel accommodation tailored to meet the needs of top athletes
- Sports uniform cleaning service
Professionals, beginners, amateurs, and all tennis lovers will find excellent infrastructure in Novigrad to help them improve their game. Great service, comfortable accommodation, and professional-level courts have been recognised by Croatian and European tennis schools who have been holding camps and tournaments in Novigrad for years. Take advantage of the mild climate and play tennis from early spring to late autumn.
Location benefits as a tennis destination:
- 17 clay courts near hotels
- Equipment rental
- Dietary food for athletes
- Tournament organisation
- Sports massage
- Mild Mediterranean climate
- Favourable geographic position
- Sports uniform cleaning service
SPORTS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
- Golf, beach volleyball, bocce, bowling, badminton, soccer, basketball…
- Routes for jogging, trekking, cycling, horseback riding, walking and Nordic walking trails that stretch along the coast or lead toward the interior and much more…
On the well-attended beaches there are sports points with all the necessary requisites:
- boats, kayaks, windsurfing boards, water scooters, canoes, sailing boats, skis, speedboats, paragliding and parasailing equipment
- Istralandia Aquapark
Novigrad enjoys good weather throughout most of the year.
Mediterranean climate, mixed with a mild continental climate is a particularity, thus making summer heats bearable and at nights you can sleep comfortably without a sweltering heat.
- Annual average air temperature: 14.2 °C
- Average summer air temperature: 26.2 °C
- Average winter air temperature: 6,3 °C
- Annual average hours of sunshine: 2111 (175.9 hours / per month)
- Summer average hours of sunshine: 280
- The warmest month of the year: July (23.4°C)
- The coldest month of the year: January (5.6°C)
- Month with the most hours of sunshine: July (300 hours)
- Month with at least hours of sunshine: January, December (90 hours)
HOW TO REACH US?
Novigrad is situated on the Croatian Adriatic, in the north western part of Istrian peninsula. It is located near the Slovenian border and very close to Italy.
BY CAR / BUS
Arriving by car and by bus is easy from everywhere in Slovenia, northern Italy, Austria, Switzerland and southern Germany, as well as from other European countries, thanks to modern network of motorways.
Cities nearby: Trieste (57 km), Ljubljana (131 km), Venice (211 km), Klagenfurt (220 km), Villach (234 km), Padova (245 km), Zagreb (259 km)
Cities at reasonable distance: Graz (340 km), Vienna (514 km), Munich (532 km), Bratislava (579 km), Budapest (593 km) and many others.
- Zagreb (CRO), zagreb-airport.hr
- Rijeka (CRO) , rijeka-airport.hr
- Ljubljana (SLO), lju-airport.si
- Pula (CRO), airport-pula.hr
- Trieste (I), aeroporto.fvg.it
- Venice (I), www.veniceairport.it
Croatian Railways (Hrvatske željeznice), www.hznet.hr, T. +385 (0)60 333 444