Medulin is a municipality in the southern part of the Istrian peninsula in Croatia ,it is only 10 km from Pula, one of the major Istrian tourist centres. Medulin is one of the twenty most famous tourist destinations on the Croatian Adriatic.
Mild winters conditioned by the Mediterranean climate and rich sports infrastructure make Medulin one of the favourite centres for sports preparations and training throughout the year, so that very frequently one can meet the most well-known Croatian and foreign representatives from the world of sports.
- Climate: Mediterranean (long hot summers, short, mild winters)
- Temperature: summer average 28-30°C, winter average 10-20°C
- Elevation: 10 metres above sea level
Here you will find everything you need, whether you are a professional athlete or sports enthusiast, Medulin is a destination for all ages and for every taste.
We can organize:
Training Camps, Sponsored Tournaments, Team buildings
On walking distance 100-900 m from hotels (3*/4*) is football center with 6 grass football fields (FIFA size football field)
Also there are 2 football fields with artificial grass.
Two football fields have floodlights and can serve for evening training events.. Also available locker rooms with showers. Fields are located in unique position just by the sea.
Location benefits as a football destination:
- Health and fitness facilities
- Laundry service for sports kit
- Hotel accommodation tailored to meet the needs of top athletes
- Organisation of leisure activities
- Targeted services for football teams
- Natural surroundings, necessary peace and much more…
SPORTS & LEISURE ACTIVITIES
The pillar of tourism in Medulin is sports: tennis, football, mini golf, bowling, beach volleyball, horse-back riding. There are schools for windsurfing, diving, sailing, horse-back riding and water skiing. There are also rental services for motor boats, canoes, pedaloes, watercraft, bicycles and motorcycles.
Other sport facilities: tennis courts, multi-purpose sports ground for five-a-side football, handball, basketball, volleyball, beach volleyball, athletic 4-lane track, throwing area and several tables for table tennis.
Medulin is known for its mild climate, tame sea, and unspoiled nature with an average of sunny days of 2300 hours per year. The climate is perfect for winter preparations, the average day temperature in January is around 6°C which is suitable for sports and recreation.
General weather information:
- Annual average air temperature: 13,7 °C
- Average summer air temperature: 26.2 °C
- Average winter air temperature: 6,3 °C
- Annual average hours of sunshine: 2316 (193 hours / per month)
- Summer average hours of sunshine: 280
- The warmest month of the year: July (26,4°C)
- The coldest month of the year: January (6,1°C)
- Month with the most hours of sunshine: July (300 hours)
- Month with at least hours of sunshine: January, December (90 hours)
HOW TO REACH US?
Medulin is a municipality in the southern part of the Istrian peninsula in Croatia ,it is only 10 km from Pula, one of the major Istrian tourist centres.
By car or by bus
If arriving from the north:
- Ljubljana – Črni Kal – border crossing Požane – Buzet – Pula
- Villach – Udine – Trieste – Koper – border crossing Kaštel or Plovanija – Pula
If arriving from the east:
- Zagreb – Rijeka – Učka tunnel – Pula
- Pula (CRO) airport-pula.hr
- Rijeka (CRO) rijeka-airport.hr
- Zagreb (CRO) zagreb-airport.hr
- Ljubljana (SLO) fraport-slovenija.si
- Trieste (ITA) triesteairport.it
- Venice (ITA) veneziaairport.it
Croatian Railways Passenger Transport
tel: +385 (1) 3782 583